Wednesday, 8 September 2010

Autumn

Poem One

It’s a Greek afternoon
Here in dead France
So far away from
What can I say?
those who
destroy the peace
the silence of
watching the vine grow

St Clementin France August 2005

Poem six

The moon is full
And red again tonight
Do you remember?

Probably not
You don’t recollect a book or a film

But I think of you silly
Standing barking at the door
Saying ‘I’m always this way
Full moon
Full moon
And tonight’s it’s red’

And the dog’s going mad

It must be a refection of the sunset
A bit like you and I caught one another

22nd September 2005 St. Clementin France


Poem Seven

I came into your room this morning
I wonder if you knew I was there
You were laid sprawled
On the bed sleeping
Hair askew
Not yet woken by the morning sunshine

When I came back here
All these hundreds of miles
And looked at the walls
And looked at the ceiling
I knew that one day
We would share our time again

28th September 2005 St. Clementin France

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My Photo
France
Glyn Pope grew up on a council estate in England. He studied theology at Nene University. In addition to writing short stories and novels, Glyn interviewed Bob Marley the night before Marley cancelled his UK tour and went back to the warmth of Jamaica. Glyn has published articles for both Leonard Cohen and Bob Dylan 'fan' magazines, and has two novels published. He won a short story competition in the magazine 'Devon Life.' A few years ago he and his wife moved to France where he pursues a full time writing career.